We are pleased to announce that our school has partnered with Naviance, a service we use in our office to track and analyze data and career plans, to provide a variety of tools for student achievement through academic planning. These tools are located in Family Connection, a Web site for students and families to access online resources and collaborate on college and career readiness activities.
Family Connection allows students and their families to:
- Get involved in the college and/or career planning process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to historical data from our school from students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments.
- Create plans for the future – create goals, to-do lists and tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and/or career goals.
Family Connection also lets us share information with our students and families about upcoming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information.
To help you understand what’s available in Family Connection, please review the quick reference guides. These guides are easy-to-use, one-page cheat sheets highlighting valuable features.
- Getting Started – If you have not logged into Family Connection before, use this quick guide to find out how you can access Family Connection.
- College and Career Planning – If your student shows an interest in college or you would like to encourage your student to go to college, review his/her College Planning activities in Family Connection. You can also view the results of your student’s personality assessment and interest assessments.
- Success and Course Planning – Is your student on track to meet his/her goals? What courses should s/he be taking to meet graduation requirements? You can review your student’s to-do list, tasks and courses in Family Connection.