Growl News Announcements
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
- Today from lunch you may select from mini corn dogs, macaroni and cheez-its, or a chicken sandwich. The side dish for today is sweet potato fries.
- ¡Feliz año nuevo! Join Spanish Club at it's next meeting, this Thursday Jan 17th from 3:30-4:15 pm to learn about the Quinceañera tradition and try Horchata. ¡Nos vemos allí!
- Talent Show Auditions are almost here!! Come one, come all talented Cougars!! Talent Show Auditions are tomorrow and Thursday, January 16 & 17 from 3:30- 5:30 in the auditorium. See you there! See Dillon with any questions.
- Talent Show tickets are on sale NOW!!!! Purchase yours now at the Activity window before school, during lunch, and after school. Cost is only $5. Come see all the Cougar talent. Remember, get your ticket before the show sells out. The Talent Show will be January 25, 1 & 2 periods
- Attention Juniors and Seniors! Are you interested in a career in health-related fields? There will be informational sessions in the auditorium about the Health Career Opportunities Program at Columbus State Community College on January 24th at 9am and 9:30am. These two new summer bridge programs are experiential and tied to scholarship opportunities! Please email Ms. Trimmer at email@example.com or stop by her desk in the ERC if you would like to attend the session. Again, juniors and seniors only!
- Calling all Juniors!! Preorder your class tshirt for only $10. Forms are in the student office. Fill it out and turn in your money to the activity window
- The next Student Council Meeting will be on Monday, Feburary 4th after school in room 709.
- The first French club of the New Year will be held TOMORROW January 16th in room 901. Join us right after school until 4:15 for an authentic French cheese tasting.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors who lead & serve in their community: Bank of America is looking for 3 students in the Columbus Area for their Student Leaders Program. You will receive 8 week paid internship and an all expense paid trip to Washington D.C for a week long leadership summit. To learn more and to apply visit: BankofAmerica.com/StudentLeaders
- Mark your calendars, Cougars! On Friday, February 8 there will be a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser at St Paul Lutheran Church located at 55 Pasadena Ave. The dinner runs from 4:30-7:30 and is $10 per plate for spaghetti, a cookie, and a drink! All proceeds will benefit replacing the communications board portion of the Westland High School sign. Tell your friends and spread the word!
- We have a limited amount of Cougar socks for sale in the student office. They are $10 a pair. Support your PTSA and show your Cougar Pride!
- * While supplies last
- Mathletes! After our long hiatus we are back on Thursday. Come to room 508 after school for some yummy snacks and even yummier math. We meet until about 4:15. If you've never come before, you should come hang out! See Mr. Kissel with any questions, and as always, GO MATH
- Weightlifting and Open-gyms for Softball will occur on Tuesdays and Fridays starting Tuesday, January 15, 2019 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm in the Weight Room and Rec Center. If you're interested in playing softball the 2019 season come and join us!
- Any boy interested in playing baseball this season, conditioning starts Tuesday the 22nd after school in the rec.
- The Boys Basketball team has a home game tonight against Grandview Heights! Varsity starts at 7 with freshmen and JV on before. Come out and support your Cougar Ballers!