Growl News Announcements
November 16, 2018
November 16, 2018
- Attention Juniors & Seniors: On Fri, Nov 16 – Beacon College will be visiting Westland. If you are interested in visiting with a rep, you must sign up in Naviance!
- Pencil Dust is holding its annual poetry competition from now until November 19. The winner will receive a $25 gift card to the restaurant of his/her choice. Turn in any submission to Mr. Spooner in Room 706. We can’t wait to see your work!
- If you signed up to purchase an Anime Club t-shirt please bring your $10 to Mr. Spooner as soon as possible.
- Check your emails for a survey sent to you by the Cougar Clawset and asks what you think of our first set of products in the Paw Pit.
- Attention Juniors!! Pre-order your class t-shirts now for $10. You will receive a pre-order form in your English classes or you may pick it up in the student office. Forms and money are due November 20th at the activity window. If you have any questions contact Mrs.Vonderhaar.
- The theme for the Aperture, Westland’s 2018-2019 yearbook, has been decided!! The winner is “The Westside Story,” thanks to all who voted!!
- Aperture, the WHS Yearbook, is looking for a unique yearbook design cover that will reflect our theme, The Westside Story. The design may be drawn on paper or submitted electronically to the yearbook advisers: Mr. Peters or Ms. Reynolds for consideration. The submission size should be approximately 8.5 x 11 inches. The deadline for submitting your design is January 3, 2019.
- Attention Cougars! Please bring in non-perishable food items to support the Westland High School Adopt-a-family! These are items like canned foods, dry boxed food items, cereal, mac and cheese, pasta, crackers, etc. Please drop your items off to Mrs. Dufresne in room 709. Donations will be accepted into December! Do good and support those who may be less fortunate than you this holiday season.
- Preseason conditioning for sprinters, jumpers, and throwers has started and will be held every Monday and Thursday from 3:45 until 5:15. Contact Coach Miller, Coach Troutman, or Coach Eckard for more information.
- The wrestling team will be holding wrestle-offs at 1 pm on Wednesday, November 21 in the gym. Come out and support the Westland Wrestlers as they compete for spots on the 2018 Varsity roster.
- Attention all track athletes! Track is helping to uninstall seat-backs at OSU on Saturday, December 8th. Coach Eckard will pay you and anybody who works for you (like a parent) $50.00 towards your pay to play if you help us out. The sign up sheet to work is hanging up outside of room 801. Coach Eckard will allow the first 10 athletes (and or parents) who sign up to help.